Our Foundress, Blessed Brigida Morello of Jesus founded the Institute of the Ursulines of Mary Immaculate on 17th February 1649 in Piancenza, Italy. Her desire to be a missionary became a reality when the Congregation struck roots in the Indian soil in 1934. The Pioneers, inspired by her vision began their work in earnest by reaching out to the less fortunate and alleviating their suffering. One very effective way was educating young girls and providing them with values of life and enabling them to face challenges and be successful in life.
Ursuline Senior Secondary School had a very modest beginning as a Montessori House of Children in 1959. Mother Stephania Murelli, the then Superior of the Indian Mission was the backbone of this institution. The school began with just one pupil on the roll and a dedicated teacher, Sr.Alberta. There was no turning back hence, rather overcoming difficulties with courage, determination and hard work helped the school to make giant strides of progress.This school has the rare distinction of being the first institution in Kannur to be affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
The school has just celebrated its Golden Jubilee year during 2009-10.